How to Care
For Your Gerbera Flowers
- With proper care, Gerberas have a vase life of up to two weeks.
- Make sure your vase is thoroughly cleaned prior to adding your Gerberas. They are particularly susceptible to bacteria which in turn means a shorter vase life.
- Cut the stems at an angle and immediately place into a fresh, clean vase with lots of water. You may also add a tiny drop of bleach to keep the water clean.
- Place them away from heat and windows as Gerbera flowers prefer cooler temperatures. Ideally keep the Gerbera at room temperature to maximize vase life.
- Give the Gerberas a fresh cut every 3 days, and replace the water to reduce the build up of bacteria.